New Cadillac Owner Here!

  • formula4disaster
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6 10:44 AM
      Hi all, I just bought a 75 Calais with the 500/TH400.

      I was curious if there are different stock Iron head castings that are
      more/less desireable for making power, and how the compression ratio
      is determined in the Cad500 engine. Is it piston height or head
      chamber size? Or both?

      What types of internals are used- forged, cast? How much power will a
      stock bottom end hold up to?

      I've never played with a Caddy before and reading that the 500 weighs
      less than a BBC makes the gears in my head start to turn. What about
      the external dimensions? How do those compare to a BBC?

      Thanks!
      --ian
    • zenishus
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6 6:17 PM
        >go to www.hwforums.com-2089-
      • aerotrucker
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14 6:59 PM
          cad500parts.com has a catalog you can download with pages of info.
          cadillacperformanceparts.com sponsers a forum, I can't think of its
          name right now. just be prepared to pay twice as much for everything
          because there it is not as popular as sbc.
          Bob

          --- In
          Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "formula4disaster"