[Cadillac_Performance_Association] Chat???

  • Roger Eaton
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2002
      Hello,
      When I tried to get on I was listed as the host. I think we need to have someone designated as host.
      Then we join that chat either by invite or by searching for their screen name.
      Would like to swap some info and stories.
      Roger
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2002
        I can join the chatroom, but the second I do, my computer freezes up,
        and I have to press the reset button as ctrl-alt-del doesn't even
        work! I'll try again next chat but the same thing will probably
        happen. has anyone else had this problem? I thing yahoo should know
        about this.
        -Travis Stewart

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "ja70cad" <juan@b...>
        wrote:
        > I was finally able to make it the chat the other night and there
        was
        > nobody there.. I know people have been having problems logging on
        or
        > whatever, but it seemed to be working fine on my end. Just curious
        is
        > all...
        > Juan
      • Greg Talbott
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 20, 2002
          What Operating System, cpu speed and amount of ram?
          You may (most likely) have too many applications
          running in the background that are not responding or
          conflicting.
          This would cause you to have to force a "hard" reboot.
          Yes, there are some Yahoo issues but sounds like you
          may have to clean out the "runt" applications.
          (this would be an issue for a different group).
          Ctrl-Alt-Del not responding usually indicates too much
          stuff trying to run but not responding.
          Hope this helps you a little bit.
          Greg

          --- evildudeprod <evildudeprod@...> wrote:
          > I can join the chatroom, but the second I do, my
          > computer freezes up,
          > and I have to press the reset button as ctrl-alt-del
          > doesn't even
          > work! I'll try again next chat but the same thing
          > will probably
          > happen. has anyone else had this problem? I thing
          > yahoo should know
          > about this.
          > -Travis Stewart
          >
          > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y...,
          > "ja70cad" <juan@b...>
          > wrote:
          > > I was finally able to make it the chat the other
          > night and there
          > was
          > > nobody there.. I know people have been having
          > problems logging on
          > or
          > > whatever, but it seemed to be working fine on my
          > end. Just curious
          > is
          > > all...
          > > Juan