Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Engine Problem 92 Deville

  • Steven Critchfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9 2:06 PM
      On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 15:37, Will Fulton wrote:
      > The engine will accelerate without touching the pedal. I got these
      > codes from the OBD E30, E39, E90, E98.

      I'm guessing this is the right page for your error codes
      .
      http://www.troublecodes.net/GM/92-93_49B.shtml

      E30: TPS was 14 degrees or more while ISC was retracting for 15 seconds,
      or TPS was 2 degrees while ISC was extending for 15 seconds.

      E39: Engine RPM was outside of the range expected for indicated vehicle
      speed indicating a VCC engagement problem.

      E90: Vehicle speed cycles from 30 MPH to 0 at least 10 consecutive times
      with no VCC brake switch input.

      E98: At a vehicle speed under 6 MPH, the gear selector was moved from
      park or neutral into drive or reverse when engine speed was 600 RPM
      greater than determined by PCM.

      98 almost sounds like a code placed in there for waranty purposes.

      39 and 90 make me wonder about a faulty wire harness to the tranny.
      Adding in 30, may mean the wiring harness to the PCM is problematic.

      This is just my thoughts with no expertise in the field.

      --
      Steven Critchfield <yahoo@...>