500 transplant

  • iroc2842
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2004
      i would like some information on 500 caddy into my 80 k10 pickup like
      what radiator shrod,exhaust manifolds,front mounts to use. thanks
    • Bob J.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2004
        I am in the process of installing a 472 and TH400 in to an 85 C10.  Plan on using a large 2-core universal aluminum radiator from Jeg's, stock manifolds and 3/8" to 1/2" plates to locate the engine mounts forward of the current 4.3 mounts.  New mounts will also be fabricated for the radiator after installation.  One other thing what oil pan are you going to use mid-sump or rear?  Good luck and let me know how it goes.

        iroc2842 <iroc2842@...> wrote:
        i would like some information on 500 caddy into my 80 k10 pickup like
        what radiator shrod,exhaust manifolds,front mounts to use. thanks

      • Scott Pearson
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
          Just curious, why are you using an aftermarket aluminum radiator? I've
          installed 472/500 engines in these trucks with the 4-core stock radiator
          with great results.

          Scott

          > I am in the process of installing a 472 and TH400 in to an 85 C10. Plan
          on using a large 2-core universal aluminum radiator from Jeg's, stock
          manifolds and 3/8" to 1/2" plates to locate the engine mounts forward of the
          current 4.3 mounts. New mounts will also be fabricated for the radiator
          after installation. One other thing what oil pan are you going to use
          mid-sump or rear? Good luck and let me know how it goes.

          > iroc2842 <iroc2842@...> wrote:
          > i would like some information on 500 caddy into my 80 k10 pickup like
          > what radiator shrod,exhaust manifolds,front mounts to use. thanks
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • zenishus
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
            --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Bob J."
            <crewcab472@y...> wrote:
            >3/8" to 1/2" plates to locate the engine mounts forward of the
            current 4.3 mounts. New mounts will also be fabricated for the
            radiator after installation. One other thing what oil pan are you
            going to use mid-sump or rear? Good luck and let me know how it
            goes.
            >instead of using plates,i unbolted the supports,swapped them side
            for side,moved them up and remounted them.