Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Digest Number 472

  • Will Fulton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2004
      The tank is cracked. I will take the tank off and have a the shop repair it. Thanks a million for the tip!! This one mechanic wanted $300 to replace the rad.

      Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360� Tours, Research,
      Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/lkiolB/TM

      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. '92 Deville radiator leaking..HELP!!!
      From: Will Fulton
      2. Re: '92 Deville radiator leaking..HELP!!!
      From: "Tom McKenna"

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:05:43 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Will Fulton
      Subject: '92 Deville radiator leaking..HELP!!!

      92 Deville 4.9L
      The water pump was changed recently, since then the radiator is leaking. What could have caused this?

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:29:09 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
      From: "Tom McKenna"
      Subject: Re: '92 Deville radiator leaking..HELP!!!

      Where is the rad leaking??? Crack in the tanks or in the rad itself??
      Chances are it is the tank - they will crack over time opposite the intake
      hose opening - Tanks are easily replaced at your local rad shop, not that
      expensive if you can remove it and take it in yourself. If you have an
      aluminum rad, under no circumstances replace it with the cheaper copper
      replacement - You will save about half the cost, but now you will have an
      overheating engine as they do not dissipate heat as efficiently as the
      aluminum. Trust me on this one - I found out the hard despite the assurance
      of the shop owner there was no difference.

      The water pump was changed recently, since then the radiator is leaking.
      What could have caused this?

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      [This message contained attachments]

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Tom McKenna
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 22, 2004
        Glad to help - I would however advise having both tanks replaced - if one is gone, the other will go eventually, so replacing now, if you are going to keep the car, is a good investment.
        Tom