Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] '92 Deville radiator leaking..HELP!!!

  • Tom McKenna
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2004
      Where is the rad leaking??? Crack in the tanks or in the rad itself?? Chances are it is the tank - they will crack  over time opposite the intake hose opening - Tanks are easily replaced at your local rad shop, not that expensive if you can remove it and take it in yourself.  If you have an aluminum rad, under no circumstances replace it with the cheaper copper replacement - You will save about half the cost, but now you will have an overheating engine as they do not dissipate heat as efficiently as the aluminum.  Trust me on this one - I found out the hard despite the assurance of the shop owner there was no difference.