Why a 500

  • Peter Straub
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2004
      Here's a question from a Caddy engine newbie....

      Big displacement aside, What else makes the 500 such a desireable
      motor? Is there something else about it that makes it better for
      big ponies? Or do people simply covet cubes?

      Just curious.

      Peter Straub
    • eugene johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2004

        Peter Straub <pstraub@...> wrote:

        Here's a question from a Caddy engine newbie....

        Big displacement aside, What else makes the 500 such a desireable
        motor?  Is there something else about it that makes it better for
        big ponies?  Or do people simply covet cubes?

        Just curious.

        Peter Straub

           The 500 caddy engine is lighter than a big block chevy and produces more power at a lower RPM. The displacement also contributes to ever desirable torque.

      • hottrod the man behind the wheel
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17, 2004
          -Yep, there's no replacement for displacement!

          hottrod

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail