429 to 500 swap

  • CHUCK SIMS
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11, 2004
      Hello, all. I have a question I'm hoping you guys can answer for me.
      I'm doing a restification on a '65 Fleetwood Brougham for a buddy
      that came with a 429 and an unknown trans. Here are my questions....
      What trans is in this thing? Will a 500 from a '76 Eldo bolt into
      the car the same as the 429?(they appear to bolt into both cars the
      same way. motormount placement wise.) Will the 500 bolt to the
      existing trans in the Fleetwood? Any help is greatly
      appreciated. Thanx,Chuck
    • CHUCK SIMS

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 11, 2004
            Thanx for the info, I'll check out the site. Chuck