intake question

  • goreracing2004
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
      Does anyone know of a aluminum intake that will work on a 425 with
      the a/c mounted on top of the manifold like on a 78 eldo. Thanks.
    • joe@digarts.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
        Well, I have seen a few aluminum intakes on ebay that seemed to be exact copies of the cast iron intake. Those would take the A6 compressor that was in the '78. That setup would save a bit of weight. If you want a higher preformance intake I think you will have to take an R4 compressor and it's brackets off a 368 engine.
        Also remember that if you put a preformance intake on a '78 eldo you may
        have to cut a hole in the hood to clear the carb and air cleaner...

        > Does anyone know of a aluminum intake that will work on a 425 with
        > the a/c mounted on top of the manifold like on a 78 eldo. Thanks.

        Joe Hamlin '78 Eldo Biarritz