Re: Subject: motor size

    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2004
      Herb,
      Fyi - many guys use 429/460 headers adapted to caddys. The physical
      size is similar. Beware though, the drivers side head is offset back,
      whereas most engines [afaik] are opposite.
      Dave

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Davis, Jim"
      <jadavis2@m...> wrote:
      > Anything that will take a Ford 460 should take a 500 no problem from
      > what I've heard. I know there are several guys running 500's in Fox
      body
      > Mustangs. -jd
      >
      > > Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:19:14 -0400
      > > From: Herb Mooney <hmooney@r...>
      > > Subject: motor size
      > >
      > > I'm looking to put a 500ci into my Ford Econoline Pickup (motor
      in the
      > cab
      > > between and slightly behind the 2 seats). I know folks have fit a
      Ford
      > 460
      > > in them, so I'm wondering how the Ford 460 and Cadillac 500
      compare
      > size
      > > wise? Can anyone help?
      > >
      > > Herb in PA
    • Davis, Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2004
        Listen to Dave. He knows what he's talking about :-) -jd