RE: Subject: motor size

  • Davis, Jim
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2004
      Anything that will take a Ford 460 should take a 500 no problem from
      what I've heard. I know there are several guys running 500's in Fox body
      Mustangs. -jd

      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2004
        Herb,
        Fyi - many guys use 429/460 headers adapted to caddys. The physical
        size is similar. Beware though, the drivers side head is offset back,
        whereas most engines [afaik] are opposite.
        Dave

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Davis, Jim"
        <jadavis2@m...> wrote:
        > Anything that will take a Ford 460 should take a 500 no problem from
        > what I've heard. I know there are several guys running 500's in Fox
        body
        > Mustangs. -jd
        >
        > > Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:19:14 -0400
        > > From: Herb Mooney <hmooney@r...>
        > > Subject: motor size
        > >
        > > I'm looking to put a 500ci into my Ford Econoline Pickup (motor
        in the
        > cab
        > > between and slightly behind the 2 seats). I know folks have fit a
        Ford
        > 460
        > > in them, so I'm wondering how the Ford 460 and Cadillac 500
        compare
        > size
        > > wise? Can anyone help?
        > >
        > > Herb in PA
      • Davis, Jim
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2004
          Listen to Dave. He knows what he's talking about :-) -jd