Re: 500 into my 67 Ford F100?

  • zenishus
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22 4:56 PM
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Herb
      Mooney" <hmooney@r...> wrote:
      > This is my initial thought for one of my newly aquired 500ci
      > motors/trans. My question is, do I use the Ford C4 transmission or
      > ths TH400 that came with the motor. If I'm to use the C4 how do I
      > connect it to the 500? Is there an adapter and what about the
      mounts
      > for the trans? I'd also like to retain the column shifter. is this
      > posible?
      >
      > He in PA
      i put one in a 64 chevy c10 and used the chevy shifter and the cad
      400.theres no adapter for the c4.use the turbo 400 and have a
      driveshaft place combine the two driveshafts.
    • Joe Foerster
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 22 5:09 PM
        The C4 is an egg beater compared to the THM400.

        Joe Foerster
        North Hollywood, CA
        http://www.bobnjoe.com/cad/cad.htm

          Ditto on using the TH400. Shifter adaption should be fairly simple.
          Btw - 429/460 headers should adapt nicely. I have seen them used
          before. I have 3/8" Caddy header flanges if you do that.
          Dave