500 into my 67 Ford F100?

  • Herb Mooney
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22 4:37 PM
      This is my initial thought for one of my newly aquired 500ci
      motors/trans. My question is, do I use the Ford C4 transmission or
      ths TH400 that came with the motor. If I'm to use the C4 how do I
      connect it to the 500? Is there an adapter and what about the mounts
      for the trans? I'd also like to retain the column shifter. is this
      posible?

      Herb in PA
    • zenishus
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 22 4:56 PM
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Herb
        Mooney" <hmooney@r...> wrote:
        > This is my initial thought for one of my newly aquired 500ci
        > motors/trans. My question is, do I use the Ford C4 transmission or
        > ths TH400 that came with the motor. If I'm to use the C4 how do I
        > connect it to the 500? Is there an adapter and what about the
        mounts
        > for the trans? I'd also like to retain the column shifter. is this
        > posible?
        >
        > He in PA
        i put one in a 64 chevy c10 and used the chevy shifter and the cad
        400.theres no adapter for the c4.use the turbo 400 and have a
        driveshaft place combine the two driveshafts.
      • Joe Foerster
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 22 5:09 PM
          The C4 is an egg beater compared to the THM400.

          Joe Foerster
          North Hollywood, CA
          http://www.bobnjoe.com/cad/cad.htm

            Ditto on using the TH400. Shifter adaption should be fairly simple.
            Btw - 429/460 headers should adapt nicely. I have seen them used
            before. I have 3/8" Caddy header flanges if you do that.
            Dave