Is this a good deal or a waste of my time?

  • Herb Mooney
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2004
      I found an ad for a 75 500 CI motor. Well as it turned out it was 2
      complete, but slightly rusty cars (only one title, and probably not
      restorable). The owner wants $300.00 for both cars. I'll have to find
      a place to store them till I can pull the motors & trannies for my 78
      CDV and Ford F100 so I may need to rent another garage. I will also
      have to pay someone to flat bed both to my house so an additional
      $200-$300. Both motors turn over and one had a battery and started
      up, but reluntently. Am I wasting my time, or should I jump on this
      oportunity for my projects I plan to start next winter. Will I be
      able to find 2 more rebuildable 500 motors later down the road for
      $300? What does everyone think? If anyone needs parts off of these 2
      75 CDV's let me know before I send them to the JY if I get tham at
      all.

      Thanks in advance,

      Herb in PA
      78 CDV