Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] 425 Performance parts that carry over

  • Joe Foerster
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14 6:45 AM
      Contact Al at Maximum Torque Specialties (www.500cid.com)

      Joe Foerster
      North Hollywood, CA
      http://www.bobnjoe.com/interest/Cad/cad.htm

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Herb Mooney" <hmooney@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 7:29 PM

      My plan is to build a 500 over time for my car, but since it has the
      425 in it now I was wondering which parts (heads, cam, headers, etc)I
      could get now for the 425 that would also carry over to the 500? I'm
      looking for the most HP/TQ I can get on pump gas for street/show and
      maybe a few runs on the strip for fun. If I need to provide more info
      let me know. Thanks in advance,

      Herb Mooney
      Lake Meade, PA
      1978 Coupe Deville
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15 8:18 AM
        Herb,
        The engines are the same physically, so headers fit. Cams fit same
        too, as do rocker train parts. Intakes should swap too, although the
        425 ports are supposedly a bit smaller than 472/500 ports. I have
        heard of fellows putting early 76cc heads on the 425s. They are 20cc
        smaller than the 425 heads. Assuming your 425 is apx 8-1, CR would
        raise up to the 9.5-1 range. I don't know what's involved, or if it
        works at all for sure though.
        Dave