425 Performance parts that carry over

  • Herb Mooney
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13, 2004
      My plan is to build a 500 over time for my car, but since it has the
      425 in it now I was wondering which parts (heads, cam, headers, etc)I
      could get now for the 425 that would also carry over to the 500? I'm
      looking for the most HP/TQ I can get on pump gas for street/show and
      maybe a few runs on the strip for fun. If I need to provide more info
      let me know. Thanks in advance,

      Herb Mooney
      Lake Meade, PA
      1978 Coupe Deville
    • Jacob Vogelpohl

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2004
          Contact Al at Maximum Torque Specialties (www.500cid.com)

          Joe Foerster
          North Hollywood, CA
          http://www.bobnjoe.com/interest/Cad/cad.htm

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2004
            Herb,
            The engines are the same physically, so headers fit. Cams fit same
            too, as do rocker train parts. Intakes should swap too, although the
            425 ports are supposedly a bit smaller than 472/500 ports. I have
            heard of fellows putting early 76cc heads on the 425s. They are 20cc
            smaller than the 425 heads. Assuming your 425 is apx 8-1, CR would
            raise up to the 9.5-1 range. I don't know what's involved, or if it
            works at all for sure though.
            Dave