Re: Edelbrock intake question

  • mroskothen
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
      I just used the edelbrock choke kit for my 2115 intake, the big hole
      in the back is for the brake, there was one more hole on the rear
      back side that I just plugged.
      I didn't want to make the electric choke fit since my choke lever on
      the carb is rivited on.
      Markus

      --- In
      Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "GregTalbott"
      <cadillacsgalore@y...> wrote:
      > Go with an electric choke. I have the same on my '75 500ci. The
      hole
      > in rear of carb is for your PCV so hook it up accordingly. As for
      > any other emissions your car is old enough to qualify for special
      > registration and emission exception in most states.
      > The only problem I had with my setup is the original air cleaner
      > will be too tall and interferes with hood.
      >
      > Greg
      >

      > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy
      > Pierson" <tompierson@s...> wrote:
      > > I have an edelbrock 2115 intake & a rebuilt Q-jet for my '74
      > Caddy.
      > > The carb was rebuilt to factory specs, & I purchased it with the
      > > intentions of normal use, but now that I have the intake, I may
      > have
      > > a few problems.
      > > First, the choke looks like it needs to be replaced, or altered
      > > fit the new manifold. Not a problem with the Edelbrock choke &
      rod
      > > kit, according to the instructions.
      > > Second, there are emissions fittings on the oem intake, that do
      > not
      > > appear on the edelbrock. Can I just plug the hole in the back of
      > the
      > > carb?
      > > I spent about $125.00 on the rebuilt carb from a guy on e-bay, so
      > > returning it will be difficult at best. Would I have been better
      > off
      > > with the Edelbrock version of the Q-jet?
      > > Any responses will be greatly appreciated, Tom
    • Tommy Pierson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
        Thanks for all the help, guys. I guess I'll go ahead & order the
        parts, since I'm itchin' to get this in.