Edelbrock intake question

  • Tommy Pierson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2004
      I have an edelbrock 2115 intake & a rebuilt Q-jet for my '74 Caddy.
      The carb was rebuilt to factory specs, & I purchased it with the
      intentions of normal use, but now that I have the intake, I may have
      a few problems.
      First, the choke looks like it needs to be replaced, or altered to
      fit the new manifold. Not a problem with the Edelbrock choke & rod
      kit, according to the instructions.
      Second, there are emissions fittings on the oem intake, that do not
      appear on the edelbrock. Can I just plug the hole in the back of the
      carb?
      I spent about $125.00 on the rebuilt carb from a guy on e-bay, so
      returning it will be difficult at best. Would I have been better off
      with the Edelbrock version of the Q-jet?
      Any responses will be greatly appreciated, Tom
    • GregTalbott
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2004
        Go with an electric choke. I have the same on my '75 500ci. The hole
        in rear of carb is for your PCV so hook it up accordingly. As for
        any other emissions your car is old enough to qualify for special
        registration and emission exception in most states.
        The only problem I had with my setup is the original air cleaner
        will be too tall and interferes with hood.

        Greg

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy
        Pierson" <tompierson@s...> wrote:
        > I have an edelbrock 2115 intake & a rebuilt Q-jet for my '74
        Caddy.
        > The carb was rebuilt to factory specs, & I purchased it with the
        > intentions of normal use, but now that I have the intake, I may
        have
        > a few problems.
        > First, the choke looks like it needs to be replaced, or altered to
        > fit the new manifold. Not a problem with the Edelbrock choke & rod
        > kit, according to the instructions.
        > Second, there are emissions fittings on the oem intake, that do
        not
        > appear on the edelbrock. Can I just plug the hole in the back of
        the
        > carb?
        > I spent about $125.00 on the rebuilt carb from a guy on e-bay, so
        > returning it will be difficult at best. Would I have been better
        off
        > with the Edelbrock version of the Q-jet?
        > Any responses will be greatly appreciated, Tom
      • mroskothen
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
          I just used the edelbrock choke kit for my 2115 intake, the big hole
          in the back is for the brake, there was one more hole on the rear
          back side that I just plugged.
          I didn't want to make the electric choke fit since my choke lever on
          the carb is rivited on.
          Markus

          --- In
          Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "GregTalbott"

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
            Thanks for all the help, guys. I guess I'll go ahead & order the
            parts, since I'm itchin' to get this in.