caddy build up

  • Jacob Vogelpohl
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2004
      ive recenty accuired a 76 caddy 500, and want to put it in my 83 delta 88 two door (he he its a deisel) i think its the perfect canadate, two door, love the styling, posi and room to stretch, any ways im lookin for a cheap 400-450 hp 500+ fts build up, now the engine is gonna get a overhaul (rings, gaskets, bearings) how much do these engines benefit from head work? porting polishing? ive heard you can bolt up a set of 425 heads for a decent power n compression increase? is this just bolt n go? or are there other mods required?

    • Joe Foerster
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2004
        Talk to the experts at www.500cid.com

        --- Jacob Vogelpohl <vogey@...> wrote:
        > ive recenty accuired a 76 caddy 500, and want to put it in my 83 delta 88 two
        > door (he he its a deisel) i think its the perfect canadate, two door, love
        > the styling, posi and room to stretch, any ways im lookin for a cheap 400-450
        > hp 500+ fts build up, now the engine is gonna get a overhaul (rings, gaskets,
        > bearings) how much do these engines benefit from head work? porting
        > polishing? ive heard you can bolt up a set of 425 heads for a decent power n
        > compression increase? is this just bolt n go? or are there other mods
        > required?

        > Yahoo! Search - Find what you�re looking for faster.

        =====
        Joe Foerster
        North Hollywood, CA
        http://www.bobnjoe.com/interest/Cad/cad.htm