Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: Help

  • Joe Foerster
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 21, 2004
      Sorry, I don't. I never followed through on any of it. I sold my '84 Eldo
      and got a '75 convertible with a 500 instead!

      Joe Foerster
      North Hollywood, CA
      http://www.bobnjoe.com/interest/Cad/cad.htm

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 22, 2004
        Is it longitudinal or transverse?
        If it's a sidewinder, you can install a 4.5 or 4.9 in its place.
        If it's longitudinal, you can do what has been suggested and install a 368
        (or a 500 if you so desire)

        Will

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 22, 2004
          The trans won't handle a 500 or a 472.

          Joe Foerster
          North Hollywood, CA
          http://www.bobnjoe.com/interest/Cad/cad.htm

          If it's a sidewinder, you can install a 4.5 or 4.9 in its place.
          If it's longitudinal, you can do what has been suggested and install a 368
          (or a 500 if you so desire)

          Will

          > From: "cadillac19852003" <cadillac19852003@...>
          >Subject: Help
          >
          >Does anyone know anything that I can do to my 4100 to make it have a
          >little more punch, or anything! Thanks guys
          >
          >PS Its in an 85 Eldo. Perfect car except for the stupid motor!
        • brunsdal
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 22, 2004
            Dear Joe: I have seen a swap on a 82 to a 403 Olds, do you think the tranny will have a problem, I am planning the same swap and could  use the Olds tranny also? Thanks Dale

            ____________________
            Dale and Ethel Brunsdale
            250-233-8866
            brunsdale@...

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 22, 2004
              The swap I've seen used the Cad trans. Of course, switching to a THM-425 would be better but it is a *huge* undertaking.

              Joe Foerster
              North Hollywood, CA
              http://www.bobnjoe.com/interest/Cad/cad.htm

              If it's a sidewinder, you can install a 4.5 or 4.9 in its place.
              If it's longitudinal, you can do what has been suggested and install a 368
              (or a 500 if you so desire)

              Will

              >   From: "cadillac19852003" <cadillac19852003@...>
              >Subject: Help
              >
              >Does anyone know anything that I can do to my 4100 to make it have a
              >little more punch, or anything!  Thanks guys
              >
              >PS Its in an 85 Eldo.  Perfect car except for the stupid motor!

            • cadillac19852003
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 28, 2004
                What engine would bolt right up to the tranny i have in there now
                (its an 85 Eldo, so its regularly mounted... and ive got plenty of
                room under the hood!) Could i just directly bolt a 368 to it? And
                what about just turning a 4.9 or 4.5 regular way... what would that
                do? Mainly going after the 368 question here...
                Sid Walker
                85 Eldorado

                of Service.
              • cadillac19852003
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 28, 2004
                  What engine would bolt right up to the tranny i have in there now
                  (its an 85 Eldo, so its regularly mounted... and ive got plenty of
                  room under the hood!) Could i just directly bolt a 368 to it? And
                  what about just turning a 4.9 or 4.5 regular way... what would that
                  do? Mainly going after the 368 question here...
                  Sid Walker
                  85 Eldorado
                  --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Joe
                  Foerster" <joefoerster@y...> wrote:
                  > The swap I've seen used the Cad trans. Of course, switching to a
                  THM-425 would be better but it is a *huge* undertaking.

                  > Joe Foerster
                  > North Hollywood, CA
                  > http://www.bobnjoe.com/interest/Cad/cad.htm

                  of Service.
                • William Lucke
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 29, 2004
                    The 4.5 and 4.9 have the transverse bolt pattern and won't bolt to the
                    longitudinal transmission.

                    Will