Help

  • cadillac19852003
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 20, 2004
      Does anyone know anything that I can do to my 4100 to make it have a
      little more punch, or anything! Thanks guys

      PS Its in an 85 Eldo. Perfect car except for the stupid motor!
    • cadillac19852003
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 20, 2004
        Does anyone know anything that I can do to my 4100 to make it have a
        little more punch, or anything! Thanks guys

        PS Its in an 85 Eldo. Perfect car except for the stupid motor!
      • Joe Foerster
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 20, 2004
          HT4100's are notoriously gutless. Not much you can do unless you feel like
          replacing it with an Olds 350 or 403.

          Joe Foerster
          North Hollywood, CA
          http://www.bobnjoe.com/interest/Cad/cad.htm

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 21, 2004
            How hard would it be to but a 4.5 in there... I have access to a lot
            of those. Would the tranny match up?

            --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Joe

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 21, 2004
              Quite some time ago, I found a place on the web that offered a conversion
              package to a 4.5 or a 4.9. I've lost the URL but do some Googling around and
              you'll probably find it. Should be a neat setup.

              Another option is to find an older Eldo like an '81 with the V8-6-4. That's
              a 368 engine and you can disable the modulated displacement feature. Use the
              powertrain parts from the '81 in your '85.

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 21, 2004
                Do you know if the bolt patterns are the same? And what about all
                the computer crap and such? Dont you just love cadillac computers?
                lol...

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 21, 2004
                  Sorry, I don't. I never followed through on any of it. I sold my '84 Eldo
                  and got a '75 convertible with a 500 instead!

                  Joe Foerster
                  North Hollywood, CA
                  http://www.bobnjoe.com/interest/Cad/cad.htm

                  Do you know if the bolt patterns are the same? And what about all
                  the computer crap and such? Dont you just love cadillac computers?
                  lol...

                  --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Joe
                  Foerster" <joefoerster@y...> wrote:
                  > Quite some time ago, I found a place on the web that offered a
                  conversion
                  > package to a 4.5 or a 4.9. I've lost the URL but do some Googling
                  around and
                  > you'll probably find it. Should be a neat setup.
                  >
                  > Another option is to find an older Eldo like an '81 with the V8-6-
                  4. That's
                  > a 368 engine and you can disable the modulated displacement
                  feature. Use the
                  > powertrain parts from the '81 in your '85.

                • William Lucke
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 22, 2004
                    Is it longitudinal or transverse?
                    If it's a sidewinder, you can install a 4.5 or 4.9 in its place.
                    If it's longitudinal, you can do what has been suggested and install a 368
                    (or a 500 if you so desire)

                    Will

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 22, 2004
                      The trans won't handle a 500 or a 472.

                      Joe Foerster
                      North Hollywood, CA
                      http://www.bobnjoe.com/interest/Cad/cad.htm

                      If it's a sidewinder, you can install a 4.5 or 4.9 in its place.
                      If it's longitudinal, you can do what has been suggested and install a 368
                      (or a 500 if you so desire)

                      Will

                      > From: "cadillac19852003" <cadillac19852003@...>
                      >Subject: Help
                      >
                      >Does anyone know anything that I can do to my 4100 to make it have a
                      >little more punch, or anything! Thanks guys
                      >
                      >PS Its in an 85 Eldo. Perfect car except for the stupid motor!
                    • brunsdal
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 22, 2004
                        Dear Joe: I have seen a swap on a 82 to a 403 Olds, do you think the tranny will have a problem, I am planning the same swap and could  use the Olds tranny also? Thanks Dale

                        ____________________
                        Dale and Ethel Brunsdale
                        250-233-8866
                        brunsdale@...

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 22, 2004
                          The swap I've seen used the Cad trans. Of course, switching to a THM-425 would be better but it is a *huge* undertaking.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 28, 2004
                            What engine would bolt right up to the tranny i have in there now
                            (its an 85 Eldo, so its regularly mounted... and ive got plenty of
                            room under the hood!) Could i just directly bolt a 368 to it? And
                            what about just turning a 4.9 or 4.5 regular way... what would that
                            do? Mainly going after the 368 question here...
                            Sid Walker
                            85 Eldorado

                            of Service.
                          • cadillac19852003
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 28, 2004
                              What engine would bolt right up to the tranny i have in there now
                              (its an 85 Eldo, so its regularly mounted... and ive got plenty of
                              room under the hood!) Could i just directly bolt a 368 to it? And
                              what about just turning a 4.9 or 4.5 regular way... what would that
                              do? Mainly going after the 368 question here...
                              Sid Walker
                              85 Eldorado
                              --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Joe
                              Foerster" <joefoerster@y...> wrote:
                              > The swap I've seen used the Cad trans. Of course, switching to a
                              THM-425 would be better but it is a *huge* undertaking.

                              > Joe Foerster
                              > North Hollywood, CA
                              > http://www.bobnjoe.com/interest/Cad/cad.htm

                              of Service.
                            • William Lucke
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 29, 2004
                                The 4.5 and 4.9 have the transverse bolt pattern and won't bolt to the
                                longitudinal transmission.

                                Will