4.9 in 13.5 sec 1/4 mile?

  • Ryan Stockreef
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2004
      Okay so my friend has a '91 Seville, and I was talking to this guy on
      the forums who said it was impossible to get the 4.9 to do the 1/4
      mile in 13.5 sec. the things my friend has done to his Caddy: 1) K&N
      2) high end wires and plugs 3) high end distributor and cap 4) slight
      timing advance 5) used my laptop to adjust the shift point and rpm
      limiter in the computer 6) my dad and i when we had the engine apart,
      tweak with some of the lifter springs. Straight from him. He had like
      255-260 HP and 310-315 torque. I told him that it could be compared
      to a Mustang 5.0, he told me the 5.0 was not made to be fast but
      could be? WTF can't the 4.9 be made to be fast too? He then has the
      balls to call my friend a MORON, which usually I'm a nice guy but he
      is really starting to piss me off. Please help shut this guy up. Oh
      by the way I got the key out of Eldo, I just pulled back really hard
      and it came out lol.
    • William Lucke
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2004
        What program did you use to adjust the shift points and rev limiter?
        In total those mods might have given you 10 horsepower. 210 horsepower in a
        4,000 lbs Caddy is going to be slow any way you cut it.

        However, you CAN get a 4.9 with the mods you've done into the 13's. All you
        have to do is take it out of the Caddy chassis and put it in a Fiero chassis.
        www.fieroaddiction.com

        Will

        > From: "Ryan Stockreef" <nothincametomind@...>
        >Subject: 4.9 in 13.5 sec 1/4 mile?
        >
        >Okay so my friend has a '91 Seville, and I was talking to this guy on
        >the forums who said it was impossible to get the 4.9 to do the 1/4
        >mile in 13.5 sec. the things my friend has done to his Caddy: 1) K&N
        >2) high end wires and plugs 3) high end distributor and cap 4) slight
        >timing advance 5) used my laptop to adjust the shift point and rpm
        >limiter in the computer 6) my dad and i when we had the engine apart,
        >tweak with some of the lifter springs. Straight from him. He had like
        >255-260 HP and 310-315 torque. I told him that it could be compared
        >to a Mustang 5.0, he told me the 5.0 was not made to be fast but
        >could be? WTF can't the 4.9 be made to be fast too? He then has the
        >balls to call my friend a MORON, which usually I'm a nice guy but he
        >is really starting to piss me off. Please help shut this guy up. Oh
        >by the way I got the key out of Eldo, I just pulled back really hard
        >and it came out lol.
      • shwgidy
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2004
          5) used my laptop to adjust the shift point and rpm
          > limiter in the computer

          Does anyone know the first year for the on board flashable PROMs? I
          believe my '89 4.5L ECM isn't on board flashable, thats what I think
          I was told years ago. What kind of prom is in your '91 ECM? Mine is
          a 'MEM-CAL' type.

          Regards,
          Brian
        • shwgidy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2004
            > What program did you use to adjust the shift points and rev limiter?
            > In total those mods might have given you 10 horsepower. 210
            horsepower in a
            > 4,000 lbs Caddy is going to be slow any way you cut it.

            The '88-'91 Eldorados only weigh about 3,400 with driver. '92- weigh
            around 4,000...

            -Brian
          • shwgidy
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 17, 2004
              http://dtcc.cz28.com/

              Some information about burning your own chips and PCM moding...

              Anyone have any similar sites?

              I'm glad I can answer my own questions, hehe

              --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "shwgidy"
              <shwgidy@y...> wrote:
              > 5) used my laptop to adjust the shift point and rpm
              > > limiter in the computer
              >
              > Does anyone know the first year for the on board flashable PROMs?
              > believe my '89 4.5L ECM isn't on board flashable, thats what I
              think
              > I was told years ago. What kind of prom is in your '91 ECM? Mine
              is
              > a 'MEM-CAL' type.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Brian
            • Scott Pearson
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 18, 2004
                A better place to browse for this is www.diy-efi.org , www.thirdgen.org , or
                www.gnttype.org

                Most of the knock off sites just copy what is these three and others like
                them. diy-efi has a nice section and mailing list dedicated to GM
                controllers.

                Scott