Transmission choices

  • Tommy Pierson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2004
      What's a good choice for a tranny? I lpan on rebuilding my 472 for
      power later, so I want something that can handle the torque. Jegs
      sells a remanufactured TH400 in my budget.

      Mine might be fried, it wouldn't get out of first & had a hard time
      engaging. Top speed today was 20mph after a long walk home to get
      fluids. That didn't even help.

      Any suggestions?
      Tommy 1974 Caddy Hearse
    • Tommy Pierson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2004
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy
        Pierson" <tompierson@s...> wrote:
        > > Mine might be fried,
        After a fluid & filter change, it seems to be running fine. I know
        all the books tell you to do that first, but I have never been so
        lucky.