Re: Caddy wiring..

  • William Lucke
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2004
      I think in '89 the only interconnectivity to speak of was an input to the
      PCM that would tell it when the A/C compressor was engaging or about to
      engage. The PCM would then bump idle up a couple of hundred RPM so as not
      to bog, lug, or just plain stall the engine.

      Will

      > From: "Chuck" <cmk59@...>
      >Subject: Caddy wiring..
      >
      >Have located an F.I. system (Holley) to work on the Olds 307 in
      >my '89 Brougham, but I need to know a few things:
      >
      >1. Is the climate control system tied into the engine/transmission
      >electrical systems? Holley seems to think so, but I don't.
      >
      >2. If they're not interconnected, how (I'm leaving the 307 in it and
      >massaging it to 350, w/port & polished heads/intake and dual cat-
      >back exhaust)do I remove the engine/transmission electrical w/o
      >damage to the rest of the car? (btw, I'm looking at a THM 350 to
      >replace the current tranny).
      >
      >Thanks to all who can help me! I'm in hopes that this work will help
      >all those who want to beef up their rides without having to resort
      >to an expensive or hard to find big block!
      >
      >Chuck
      >cmk59@...
    • Jerryberry48
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2004
        Hi guys,
        I am still looking for my old friend Carl McAbee. His
        name showed up connected with this group so I am
        hoping some one here knows how to get in touch with
        him. My name is Jerry Gilkerson and I can be reached
        at jgilkerson@... as well as this
        address jerryberry48@... Thanks for nay
        help you can give me.
        Jerry

        --- William Lucke <wlucke@...> wrote:
        > I think in '89 the only interconnectivity to speak
        > of was an input to the
        > PCM that would tell it when the A/C compressor was
        > engaging or about to
        > engage. The PCM would then bump idle up a couple of
        > hundred RPM so as not
        > to bog, lug, or just plain stall the engine.
        >

        > Will
        >

        > > From: "Chuck" <cmk59@...>
        > >Subject: Caddy wiring..
        > >
        > >Have located an F.I. system (Holley) to work on the
        > Olds 307 in
        > >my '89 Brougham, but I need to know a few things:
        > >
        > >1. Is the climate control system tied into the
        > engine/transmission
        > >electrical systems? Holley seems to think so, but I
        > don't.
        > >
        > >2. If they're not interconnected, how (I'm leaving
        > the 307 in it and
        > >massaging it to 350, w/port & polished heads/intake
        > and dual cat-
        > >back exhaust)do I remove the engine/transmission
        > electrical w/o
        > >damage to the rest of the car? (btw, I'm looking at
        > a THM 350 to
        > >replace the current tranny).
        > >
        > >Thanks to all who can help me! I'm in hopes that
        > this work will help
        > >all those who want to beef up their rides without
        > having to resort
        > >to an expensive or hard to find big block!
        > >
        > >Chuck
        > >cmk59@...

      • Chuck
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 20, 2004
          OK, if I go the route of putting in a non-computerized motor, how
          can I get around that problem...keeping in mind I'll have to have a
          garage do it for me, anyways...

          Chuck

          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, William