Caddy wiring..

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2004
      Have located an F.I. system (Holley) to work on the Olds 307 in
      my '89 Brougham, but I need to know a few things:

      1. Is the climate control system tied into the engine/transmission
      electrical systems? Holley seems to think so, but I don't.

      2. If they're not interconnected, how (I'm leaving the 307 in it and
      massaging it to 350, w/port & polished heads/intake and dual cat-
      back exhaust)do I remove the engine/transmission electrical w/o
      damage to the rest of the car? (btw, I'm looking at a THM 350 to
      replace the current tranny).

      Thanks to all who can help me! I'm in hopes that this work will help
      all those who want to beef up their rides without having to resort
      to an expensive or hard to find big block!

      Chuck
      cmk59@...
    • William Lucke
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2004
        I think in '89 the only interconnectivity to speak of was an input to the
        PCM that would tell it when the A/C compressor was engaging or about to
        engage. The PCM would then bump idle up a couple of hundred RPM so as not
        to bog, lug, or just plain stall the engine.

        Will

        > From: "Chuck" <cmk59@...>
        >Subject: Caddy wiring..
        >
        >Have located an F.I. system (Holley) to work on the Olds 307 in
        >my '89 Brougham, but I need to know a few things:
        >
        >1. Is the climate control system tied into the engine/transmission
        >electrical systems? Holley seems to think so, but I don't.
        >
        >2. If they're not interconnected, how (I'm leaving the 307 in it and
        >massaging it to 350, w/port & polished heads/intake and dual cat-
        >back exhaust)do I remove the engine/transmission electrical w/o
        >damage to the rest of the car? (btw, I'm looking at a THM 350 to
        >replace the current tranny).
        >
        >Thanks to all who can help me! I'm in hopes that this work will help
        >all those who want to beef up their rides without having to resort
        >to an expensive or hard to find big block!
        >
        >Chuck
        >cmk59@...
      • Jerryberry48
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2004
          Hi guys,
          I am still looking for my old friend Carl McAbee. His
          name showed up connected with this group so I am
          hoping some one here knows how to get in touch with
          him. My name is Jerry Gilkerson and I can be reached
          at jgilkerson@... as well as this
          address jerryberry48@... Thanks for nay
          help you can give me.
          Jerry

          --- William Lucke <wlucke@...> wrote:
          > I think in '89 the only interconnectivity to speak
          > of was an input to the
          > PCM that would tell it when the A/C compressor was
          > engaging or about to
          > engage. The PCM would then bump idle up a couple of
          > hundred RPM so as not
          > to bog, lug, or just plain stall the engine.
          >

          > Will
          >

          > > From: "Chuck" <cmk59@...>
          > >Subject: Caddy wiring..
          > >
          > >Have located an F.I. system (Holley) to work on the
          > Olds 307 in
          > >my '89 Brougham, but I need to know a few things:
          > >
          > >1. Is the climate control system tied into the
          > engine/transmission
          > >electrical systems? Holley seems to think so, but I
          > don't.
          > >
          > >2. If they're not interconnected, how (I'm leaving
          > the 307 in it and
          > >massaging it to 350, w/port & polished heads/intake
          > and dual cat-
          > >back exhaust)do I remove the engine/transmission
          > electrical w/o
          > >damage to the rest of the car? (btw, I'm looking at
          > a THM 350 to
          > >replace the current tranny).
          > >
          > >Thanks to all who can help me! I'm in hopes that
          > this work will help
          > >all those who want to beef up their rides without
          > having to resort
          > >to an expensive or hard to find big block!
          > >
          > >Chuck
          > >cmk59@...

        • Chuck
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 20, 2004
            OK, if I go the route of putting in a non-computerized motor, how
            can I get around that problem...keeping in mind I'll have to have a
            garage do it for me, anyways...

            Chuck

            --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, William