936Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] cad fan here

  • Steven Critchfield
    Dec 16, 2003
      On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 15:57, bill lutzius wrote:
      > Very cool car,thanks for the link.I never seen a
      > cadillac can am car.Did it win any races ?

      I get the impression from the site and some searching that it didn't
      have a Cadillac engine to begin with. From the docs, the guy who built
      it built his first in '67. The one in the pictures is a '70, but the
      bios for the men listed on one of the stickers listing them as drivers
      seem to be in other series than can-am.

      Either way, I was wanting something unique and unlike anything you would
      likely come across in normal course of driving. My only problem is going
      to be the cost of the alluminum to skin it. I checked at my normal steel
      supplier, and he said 4'x8' sections will cost about $90 each. I guess
      it won't be that bad since a fiberglass body would probably run more
      than a grand also. Plus a fiberglass body would probably be semi average
      as anyone could get one.

      > --- Steven Critchfield <yahoo@...> wrote:
      > > On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 23:18, randy ross wrote:
      > > > Hello chris
      > > > In love with 472-500 eng...lookin for good project
      > > car for this eng.
      > > > I was thinkin 48-49 HUDSON commerdor 8...
      > > > I'm still looking, moneys tight, maybe i'll get
      > > lucky...
      > > > randy..
      > >
      > > I have the motor and tranny, and have been looking
      > > for a project car to
      > > build with it. This is the one I'm looking at now
      > > for inspiration. Other
      > > than the cost for all the aluminum sheet, it
      > > shouldn't be too difficult
      > > to get it together.
      > >

      > http://www.californiaclassix.com/archive/70_Tice_c155.html
      > >
      > > It makes it all the more interesting after watching
      > > a show on similar
      > > era Porsche can-am cars last night on Speed. They
      > > mentioned how they
      > > built a transmission with the gears behind the
      > > differential to help get
      > > the weight between the rear tires. Of course they
      > > put the engine fully
      > > in front of the diff to keep it low. I'll still love
      > > to get the Eldorado
      > > 500 into this setup.

      Steven Critchfield <critch@...>
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic