896Re: 4.9L performance parts

  • Lance
    Nov 30, 2003
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "shwgidy"
      <shwgidy@y...> wrote:

      > I dont know about which car would be faster, but a 4.9L with all
      > these upgrades I think would have comparable hp and more torque
      then
      > your stock Northstar.... But then again Im just shootin the shit
      with
      > ya lol....
      >
      > Good luck with your northstar,
      > Brian

      You might be right about the torque, since a stock 4.9 is supposed to
      have 295 ft/lbs of it. Two things are probable limitations though, it
      is not a particulaly strong motor mechanically, but more to the
      point, it is a not a good breather. It would be hard to get it to the
      point where it will flow as well as the Northstars 32 valves.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic