741Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] 89 Fleetwood A/C problem

  • John coen
    Sep 25, 2003
      yeah but when the fuse blows, I lose power to the consol, Speedometer, Miles counter, A/C consol, all that. But radio is ok car runs ok, lights ok.
      This only happends when I turn the A/C on. The heat or econo mode works fine. And I know that if the Climate Computer is bad I wouldn't be able to do anything.
      I'll see what happends when I change the clutch/coil. If something else comes to your mind, let me know.

      Thanks

      johnson kevin <kp5002002@...> wrote:
      you should verify the fault before you replace the part...there may be something else causing the problem.

      John coen <nismax87@...> wrote:
      I'll get a clutch tomorrow. The Deville will work on the Fleetwood? (that's all the junk yard has here)
      Thanks
      johnson kevin <kp5002002@...> wrote:
      could be a shorted clutch coil.

      John coen <nismax87@...> wrote:

      Hello All. I have a 89 Fleetwood FWD. Everytime I turn the A/C on, it blows the A/C fuse after 10 sec or so. Is it the climate control comp or the Compresor?

      Compresor goes on (10 sec. and fuse is gone) and the fuse is the right one (25)

      Thanks

      JC