702Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] 429 TO 472 ENGINE SWAP

  • Trevor Pordage
    Sep 1, 2003
      i have just done this swap in my 67 hearse with a 472 out of a 74.
      i need ed to
      redrill the holes for the engine mounts aproximately 30 mm forward in the
      cross memeber measure distance from transmission mount to engine mount
      centre on both new and old the difference is how far you have to move the
      slots
      if you have access to the donor car measure the distance that the engine
      mount holes are apart i think that the 472 are closer than the 429
      had to use a 68 front sway bar to clear the sump
      cut away radiator support strut to clear oil filter
      moved radiator forward 50 mm used top radiator support panel off of 68
      i used the radiator out of the 74 and had to modify the one of the rubber
      mountings on the top radiator suport panel as the tank was bigger
      swap rear extension housings from 67 box with the new box as the external
      diameter of the slip yoke was different or replace slip yoke
      swap speedo drive gears in case diff ratios are different
      block of return line to fuel tank if you 67 does not have one
      fill with water and oil then have some fun

      trevor
      australia
      67 hearse
      60 m&m hearse