65Uploaded pix of my 1970 Eldorado
- Aug 1, 2002Check the photo album, as you can see the body is is very good
condition with no rot!.
I just pulled the engine and am having some modifications done, check
out my modification list and let me know any suggestions on the
project. I will upload more pix as the project progresses.
1) I am reboring the cylinders .60 over which will make it a 518 CID
i believe (I need to bore because of ridges on all the cylinders or
else i would have chosen against it)
2) I am buying 10.5 compression forged pistons, rods, and molly rings
3) I am having my 76cc heads machined to pro-street specs and fitted
with oversized valves.
4) I am having stage II rockers with special pushrods
5) I am having the intake manifold ported and polished to the best
specs possible (As i cant slap an Edelbrook manifold without chopping
the hood which i refuse to do!)
6} I am keeping the quadra-jet carb and had it jetted and rebuilt to
meet the requirments of the cam
7) I am putting in a fairly beefy cam, a 300T s/s from Cadcompany
8) I am also putting true dual 2 1/2" exhausts with flowmasters, i am
keeping the original exhaust manifolds because there are no headers
available for eldorados
9)I am upgrading the system to HEI system
10) I chopped out and did away with the A/C unit
11) I am adding a ram-air box on the top of the carburetor to force
some cool air in when im driving which kicks a little bit of power as
12) I am upgrading the oil & water pumps and adding gauges to the
dashboard, chrome breathers and valve covers, all new gaskets, etc
Let me know what you think!!
- Next post in topic >>