648Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Special Bodied car from the 50's
- Jul 31, 2003
Daniel: I think that car was known as a Cad Allard built by Briggs Cunningham for SCCA and what later became Trans Am racing. I think he later went to MOPAR power.
I am looking for information on a Chrysler powered car that I have.
Here is what I know.
1. It was built by Joe Gertler of New York.
2. It came with the rumor that it was built for Cunningham.
3. Joe Gertler's Son tells me that it was Chrysler powered (he is digging for more photos).
4. There was apparently a Magazine article written at the time.
Below is are photos of the car being built in the early 1950's.
If the photos are not visible or look like junk you can view them at the following webpage.
Below is a link to photos of the body to give a better idea of its shape.
Does anyone remember the car, or does anyone remember seeing the car in an article?
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>