400Re: MPG improvements on BB Caddy

  • William Lucke
    Feb 1, 2003
      There's also www.diy-efi.org/gmecm
      There you'll find info on how to use a stock GM ECM to control your Caddy.
      It will take some editing of computer code, though.

      There was a rare fuel injection option for 472's/500's. If you found one of
      those manifolds, you could use port fuel injection instead of TBI.

      My dad has one of the manifolds and is modifying a Caddy distributor to
      accept the optical pickup from a '92-'97 LT1 optical distributor. Once
      that's done he'll be able to run the 500 with LT1 electronics, which can be
      reprogrammed with software here: www.carputing.com

      Will

      > From: "plugers <plugers@...>" <plugers@...>
      >Subject: Re: MPG improvements on BB Caddy
      >
      >If any of you are electronically inclined, try this group:

      >I have built one and will be using it on my 500 build up.
      >Steve
      >

      >--- In
      >Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "phoneman99a
      ><phoneman99a@y...>" <phoneman99a@y...> wrote:
      > > I would also like to know where to buy a throttle body EFI
      > > conversion to replace the Quad.
      > >
      > > Giles
      > >
      > > --- In
      >Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "sundyrse"
      > > <Sundyrse59@a...> wrote:
      > > > I can understand your need for fuel economy. In 1970, the BB
      > > really
      > > > came alive! taken from the corvette and put into the Eldo. what
      > > > dream. Pass anything EXCEPT a gas station. I own a '70 Eldo. and
      > > with
      > > > straight back exhaust, middle crossover and 2 1/2" pipes all the
      > > way
      > > > back with Calif. turbos in between. This dream car can easily
      > > cruise
      > > > 85 mph all day and not hesitate once. I have the stock Rochester
      > > quad-
      > > > jet carb. I can acheive 23 m.p.g. on freeway, and 17 m.p.g. in
      >the
      > > > cities. I am looking to better this. Where did you get your
      > > throttle
      > > > bore injection system and what about headers? the stock exhaust
      > > > manifold is old and tired. also very thin and I am afraid it
      >will
      > > > fall apart soon.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic