2727Re: Oil Change Question

  • Mike
    Apr 12, 2009
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, Coolsuthernmale@... wrote:
      > Greetings From Atlanta, GA,
      > I went to Advance Auto Parts yesterday and inquired about the oil capacity
      > of my 2006 Cadillac STS-V. They replied with 9 quarts - seems to be a bit much,
      > but I have never changed the oil on a 4.4 liter Northstar engine, or an
      > engine with a blower.
      > My question is this - is there a separate procedure to change the oil for
      > the Supercharger? Over the years, I have been a Ford man. The only GM car I
      > owned was a 2001 Pontiac Trans Am. Frankly, I was not too impressed with it.
      > Currently, I have a 2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition, a 2006 Cadillac STS-V, and
      > a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC. I loved the power and performance of the Mark
      > VIII, however, it won't hold a candle to the beast under the hood of the
      > STS-V. I sold off my 2002 Mustang GT that I had modified to run with a Corvette,
      > but when I test drove the STS-V, the Mustang went out the window! I have not
      > regretted my switch to a much more powerful, much better riding, and stealthy
      > American Luxury Rocket!
      > I plan to purchase the Helm Manuals for the STS-V (as I have them for the
      > other vehicles mentioned) and do most of the maintenance work myself.
      > Thank you for taking the time to read my E-mail question, and always
      > remember this:
      > "It is much easier to stand behind the American Armed Forces than it is to
      > stand in front of them." Army Times Reporter, Fallujah, Iraq
      > Michael R. Boyd,
      > LTC, MS
      > Chief of Operations
      > APMC, Fort Gillem, GA
      > steps!
      > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
      > %3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)
      That's the figure I come up with also. Here is my

      Engine, with filter..........9.0 quarts[1]
      Cooling System, Initial Fill..........14.0 quarts
      Automatic Transmission, 6L80 Initial Fill..........6.6 quarts
      Automatic Transmission, Total Fill
      6 speed 6L80..........11.0 quarts
      Differential, Front..........1.5 pints
      Differential, Rear..........2.7 pints
      Transfer Case,BE4476/79..........1.1 pints

      1. After refill check oil level.

      Copyright ©2008 by MOTOR Information Systems, a division of Hearst Business Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

      USA 1966-68
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic