2722Re: Crappy Gas Mileage 2008 CTS (AWD)

  • stumpff606
    Apr 6, 2009
      I can say that this problem is sometimes caused by either defective
      sensors or poor connections to sensors. I had this happen to me on a Chevrolet where the coolant temperature sensor (the sensor for the
      gauge is separate from the ECM sensor) had a high resistance
      connection which was read by the ECM to be low coolant temp. That
      caused the ECM to run a rich mixture all the time as if the engine
      never warmed up. Finally found the problem when the connection
      resistance got so high that the car would shut off when warmed up
      because the mixture was so rich it just couldn't run. The dealer
      should be able to track this down if he looks for error codes with
      his Tech II. Anyway, that's my experience with poor gas mileage for
      what it's worth. Hope it helps you.

      ED

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "William Sing" <singw@...> wrote:

      > I also have the 2008 CTS with the 3.6l DI and have no problems with the
      > idle, but I do live in very warm weather all year long, maybe you need
      > to move down here to the Key West. William

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic