2721RE: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: Crappy Gas Mileage 2008 CTS (AWD)

  • William Sing
    Apr 6, 2009
      I also have the 2008 CTS with the 3.6l DI and have no problems with the idle, but I do live in very warm weather all year long, maybe you need to move down here to the Key West.  William

      From: Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James D Hufton
      Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 12:33 PM
      To: Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: Crappy Gas Mileage 2008 CTS (AWD)

      All,

      I have a 2008 CTS with the 3.6L DI engine but without AWD.  I usually drive my car in a “spirited manner” and am consistently getting 18.5 MPG as measured by the on-board trip computer in the car.  I have not reset the long term average MPG function for at least a year, so it is truly giving me a indication of the long term mileage I am getting.

      Most of the time I am driving short trips and with the cold winter we have been having, the engine is often cold when I start out.

      I have a question for those with the 3.6L DI engine: do you occasionally experience episodic (e.g. comes and goes while the car is stopped and idling)  rough idle when stopped at a traffic light?  I recently had to have the oxygen sensor replaced, and noticed that the rough idle episodes continue even after having the sensor replaced.  It almost seems that the problem might be related to the climate control system cycling the air conditioner compressor to dehumidify the air (it certainly isn’t warm enough in the Chicago area lately to  be running the AC full time).  If anyone knows what causes this I would be interested in hearing about it.

      Jim