2718Re: Crappy Gas Mileage 2008 CTS (AWD)

  • Mike
    Apr 6 7:24 AM
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "scottm9704" <scottm9704@...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone,
      >
      > I have a 2008 CTS (AWD) with the direct injection engine and I can't
      > seem to get more than 15.5 MPG in combined city and highway driving. To
      > be more precise, my daily commute is about 30% city and 70% highway and
      > I'm still getting only 15.5 MPG. I've been dealing with my dealer and
      > with Cadillac and they are helping me--they just want me to go away.
      >
      > Any suggestions out there? I would tell anyone looking at the vehicle
      > to pass on it. GM is hurting, and like idiots, they aren't taking care
      > of the very people that can help them turn the corner. All in all, I am
      > extremely disappointed with Cadillac's level of customer service.
      >
      > Thanks

      I have a 2009 CTS4 (not DI engine) and my mileage is around 21 mpg average. Don't get mad but so many times when poor mileage is the complaint it can often be traced to how the owner drives. Using the shift feature a lot, fast take offs, idling and speeding all contribute to lower mpg. Are you using the remote start to warm up the car? That is going suck gas and contribute to low mpg. A car burns more fuel when the engine is cold and if you are just idling it and not driving, you are losing economy. The price you pay for comfort.

      A friend also has a 2009 AWD and she says she get around the same as I do and she only drives it about 20 miles a day back and forth to the office. Her car only has 3,000 miles on it and she just loves the car as do I. I had a 2005 CTS also.

      Mike
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic