1722Re: engine conversion

  • William Lucke
    Aug 28, 2005
      I believe the factory computer from the 91/92 cars with 440T4 trans will
      work. That transmission is hydraulically controlled. The TCC is the only
      aspectof the trans that the ECM controls.
      You can use the TH700 from 2.8/3.1/3.4 V6 powered S10's or
      Camaros/Firebirds, appropriately beefed to handle the torque.

      There's a cam regrind for that engine that's becoming increasingly popular.
      I don't know exactly how much power it gives, but I wouldn't be surprised
      at 30-35 from the cam swap. If you can track down an Allante intake
      manifold, that will help by 20ish HP, in addition to looking really cool.

      Will