1718Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] engine conversion

  • Preston III
    Aug 28, 2005
      Use the 4.9 computer from it's original donor car.

      Otherwise, I'm curious as to why you would put a 4.9 in a rear wheel
      drive application? There are plenty of other rear-drive engines that
      will provide more power and better reliability than the 4.9, and you
      wont be doing the conversion such as you speak of (like an LT-1).

      If I were to put that 4.9 in something, I'd find a late 90's Monte
      Carlo or Z34 and have one heck of a "sleeper".

      Preston III

      --- darlie1950 <darlie1950@...> wrote:

      > what and where can i get a computer to make a 4.9 engine run in a 78
      > malibu what trani will work on that 4.9 for rear wheel drive malibu

      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

      When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me."

      Preston, Tim, or Mr Bond. . . . They're all me!