1713Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: building your own intake

  • Jacob Vogelpohl
    Aug 26, 2005
      hmm.. how about square tubing to match the ports? and how big should i make the plenium (can't spell sorry) and how can i bend the tubing at home?

      david brode <dbrode@...> wrote:
      Jacob,

      Dry = no fuel in the intake, as in tbi.

      Not sure, but I doubt that 2" o.d. would feed a 5500-5800 rpm 500.
      Dave

      Vogelpohl <vogey@y...> wrote:
      > what do you mean by dry?? it sounds like it is, i want a multi port
      fuel injection, not tbi,  wont suport enough HP barly 400 im told and
      i want the look of the lt-1 or TPI that would be suficent, so how do
      i figure out runner size? i was thinkin 2'' runners, i don't want to
      kill low end tourque, but i don't want to choke it on the top end
      either, it will need to breath to 5500-5800 RPM

      > david brode <dbrode@h...> wrote:Jacob,
      >
      > You talking dry intake with port injectors? If so, you could cross
      the
      > runners from side to side, even U-turning them back around, into
      the
      > side of the plenum, on the opposite side. Like an tuned port chev
      > intake. I'd make the runners as long as possible.
      > Dave
      >

      > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, Jacob
      > Vogelpohl <vogey@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > what would it take to build your own intake for a 500 cad? i want
      > build a lt-1 style intake for my engine (want it to look stock in
      my 94
      > buick roadmaster estate wagon) i was thinkin a short tunnel ram
      style
      > with a throttlle body on the end? is it possible? its really a
      street
      > engine. so how would i build the intake so im not killin low end
      torqe?

      > >  Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

      > Cadillac engine Cadillac car

      Service.

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      Yahoo! Mail for Mobile