1673Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: 472 rear sump oil pan

  • Sean Janne
    Aug 12, 2005
      The 425 was used from 1977-1979. You can also use the
      Eldorado oil pan from any of the 500's, but they are
      getting rare and expensive. On my 472 I have a pan,
      pickup and all the pulleys from a 1979 425.

      --- roybilt@... wrote:

      > Dee,
      > thank you so much. yes, from what i've been told the
      > 368 will work, but you
      > have to give it a ding or two from the inside for
      > clearance. i also was told
      > the 79-81 deville 425 oil pan will work as well, but
      > without any modifications.
      > i have one of those coming saturday. i will post the
      > results as soon as i try
      > it. i had the caddy motor sitting here and really
      > hated to buy a different
      > engine, especially a chevy. so with this pan i
      > should be able to use the 472 in
      > my ol' coupe. should be different to say the least.
      > thanks again and God bless,
      > Roy

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic