1658Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] 472 rear sump oil pan

  • Sean Janne
    Aug 1, 2005
      Hi Roy,
      You can use the Eldorado oil pans from the 500's,
      but those are getting rare and very expensive for a
      used one! I've seen them go on eBay for over $100!
      On my 472 I used the 425 oil pan from a Deville. You
      can use any 425 pan from a Deville or Fleetwood. You
      can also use the 368 oil pans, but I've heard they
      don't clear the crank and rods as good as the 425
      pans.

      --- roybilt@... wrote:

      > does anyone know if such a thing exists? i want to
      > drop my 1973 472 down in
      > my 37 pontiac which has a 70 nova front frame under
      > it. i need a rear sump to
      > clear the crossmember and tie rods.
      > Roy

      Sean Janne