1521Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] hesistation

  • Steven Critchfield
    Jan 28, 2005
      On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 11:35 -0800, Will wrote:
      > Hey, All,
      > I have a 1992 Sedan Deville 4.9L FWD. Whenever the gas tank is below 7
      > gallons the car hesistates and slows down when going up hill. Is that
      > the fuel level indicator not reading correctly? Please help.

      If it is fuel related, it could be similar to the problem that my Cougar
      had. Ford had a recall on the fuel pump because it would stop providing
      enough pressure when there was low fuel. The engine would lose power
      when I rounded a corner fast or accelerated hard with less than a half
      tank of gas. Also empty moved from true empty to about 2 gallons left.

      You might want to see if there is a mechanic that can measure fuel
      pressure during a drive that encounters that problem. Otherwise, I would
      just replace the pump and see.

      Steven Critchfield <yahoo@...>
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic