1475Re: Bulldog heads revisited

  • William Lucke
    Jan 2, 2005
      I'd heard.
      I'd figured that since it was in a current magazine, and still on their
      website, that there might be something to it.
      I'm not sufficiently interested to talk to them and find out more, but the
      information is there.
      Be interesting to see what Potter comes up with. His website is

      > From: "david brode" <dbrode@...>
      >Subject: Re: Bulldog heads revisited
      >William Lucke,
      >Afaik, there were two runs of them made. Rumor has it that the
      >machine work on the guides, and valve job was less than excellent.
      >All were sold and most have been used, afaik. The single plane
      >intakes were also sold, in versions with either a 4150/60 or
      >dominator flange. Two versions, one for the BD alum heads, and the
      >other for stock iron heads. The intake ports are way to big for
      >anything but a very large high rpm engine. Epoxy fill on the floors
      >and plenum helps make them more "useable". The alum heads are also
      >often filled on the floors, although most were used un-filled, afaik.
      >Rumor also says that no more will be cast, but who knows.
      >A fellow named Richard Potter is working on alum heads. Due out
      >spring/summer, afaik.
      > <wlucke@s...> wrote:
      > > The Feb '05 issue of Hot Rod has a blurb on pg 118 about the
      > > aluminum heads for Caddies.
      > >
      > > 260 (!) cc intake ports, 76 cc chambers
      > > 2.19/1.84 valves
      > > 307 cfm intake/235 cfm exhaust out of the box (0.600 lift)
      > > 400 cfm with mild porting
      > > Recessed/reinforced bosses to accept SBF rocker arms
      > > $1695/pair bare heads
      > > $2145/pair fully assembled.
      > >
      > > www.bulldogperformance.net
      > >
      > > That's a stiff pill.
      > > Prolly do better to get the things fully ported then epoxy up the
      > > port floors and weld up the exhaust port floors for decent street
      > >

      > > Will
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic