1386Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: 86 FWD 4.1 V8 Swap to Chevy 4.3 V6

  • johnson kevin
    Dec 3, 2004
      my bad...i thought you had a rwd deville...for the fwd i think your only option would be the 4.5L
      transverse mount engine.

      "Robert B. Zapata Jr." <rzapatajr@...> wrote:

      Do you think there is enought room in the small Cadillac?

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, johnson
      kevin <kp5002002@y...> wrote:
      > you have a lot of choices...any engine with the BOP pattern will
      fit with the proper engine mounts etc...I would go with a 425, 472,
      500cid from an earlier deville...you can use the engine mounts from
      a 368 engine which came in the '81 deville and later deville
      hearse/limo...
      > the most ideal would be the 425 because  it is 100lbs. lighter
      than the 472/500 and will be easier on your OD transmission...you
      will need a special flexplate to use the OD or you can
      > swap in a t400 from a 368 deville along with the crossmember and
      driveshaft, etc...you will also need the larger radiator from the
      368 deville.