1381Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: 86 FWD 4.1 V8 Swap to Chevy 4.3 V6

  • johnson kevin
    Dec 3, 2004
      what kind of make, model, and year do you have?  my nephew has a 1982 Cadillac El Dorado.
      the 307 was available in similar vehicles.  It is a direct swap if you use the brackets, accessories, etc. from one of these vehicles.  the oldsmobile toronado and the buick riviera share the same chassis during certain years and the make excellent swap candidates.

      "Robert B. Zapata Jr." <rzapatajr@...> wrote:

      Thanks but I have a front wheel drive, that was the first motor i
      wanted to put in to my caddy was my 307 out of a Hurst olds but it
      is way to big to fit into the engine bay.

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, johnson
      kevin <kp5002002@y...> wrote:
      > there are many choices...i prefer the cadillac 425 which can be
      installed using brackets and accessories from the 368 which came in
      the vehicle at least one, maybe 2 years...the easiest swap would be
      the oldsmobile 307 which came in these vehicles for several
      years...i am currently working on such a project with my
      nephew...the 4100 locked up...his father gave him a 307 from a
      wrecked delta 88...we got the oil pan and brackets from a similar
      body style at the salvage yard.

      > "Robert B. Zapata Jr." <rzapatajr@y...> wrote:
      > Has any body swapped a 4100 FWD for a 4.3 V6? If so any ECM issues?
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > Get unlimited calls to
      >
      > U.S./Canada

      Service.