1094Re: Edelbrock intake question

  • GregTalbott
    Mar 30, 2004
      Go with an electric choke. I have the same on my '75 500ci. The hole
      in rear of carb is for your PCV so hook it up accordingly. As for
      any other emissions your car is old enough to qualify for special
      registration and emission exception in most states.
      The only problem I had with my setup is the original air cleaner
      will be too tall and interferes with hood.

      Greg

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy
      Pierson" <tompierson@s...> wrote:
      > I have an edelbrock 2115 intake & a rebuilt Q-jet for my '74
      Caddy.
      > The carb was rebuilt to factory specs, & I purchased it with the
      > intentions of normal use, but now that I have the intake, I may
      have
      > a few problems.
      > First, the choke looks like it needs to be replaced, or altered to
      > fit the new manifold. Not a problem with the Edelbrock choke & rod
      > kit, according to the instructions.
      > Second, there are emissions fittings on the oem intake, that do
      not
      > appear on the edelbrock. Can I just plug the hole in the back of
      the
      > carb?
      > I spent about $125.00 on the rebuilt carb from a guy on e-bay, so
      > returning it will be difficult at best. Would I have been better
      off
      > with the Edelbrock version of the Q-jet?
      > Any responses will be greatly appreciated, Tom
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic