hello to everybody!

  • mildute
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2001
      Hello,

      I'm new here. My name is Milda, I'm from Lithuania. I joined this
      group, not because I'm Jew, but because I'm very interested in
      Judaism, all of tradition. It all started with the musical "Fiddler on
      the roof". My father sings in musical theatre, here in Lithuania. That
      theatre was staging "Fiddler on the roof", my father got the head
      role - Tevye. I was going into all repetitions, and afterwards to all
      performances, just to see them singing. I actually fell in love with
      that musical. Then we bought the video tape with Topol staring as
      Tevye, also bought all the sound-tracks, but we didn't get the main
      sound-track, with Topol singing. Topol always makes me cry, when
      he sings "If I were a rich man", there's so much feeling in his eyes,
      he seems so honest. But anyway our, I mean our theatres
      production is also very good. Everybody was trying so much to
      make that play one of the best. They did it! My father even was
      nominated to get award for Tevye. He always felt that role deeply.
      So that's my story. I'm hope you saw that musical, then you know
      what I mean.