Re: [CVDGACC] Bridge for course

  • Bill Ledgett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2011
      Thanks Donna and Caryn for your efforts on the bridge.
      There is a bridge at the far-end of the MT park that could serve as an example of what we are looking for on the course.  I will try to get out there this week and get a picture of the bridge.  We have permission from Denise Jumper (MT P&R director) to make these types of improvements.
      As far as the budget for materials, I'll defer to Steve to let us know if we can afford this once they give us an estimate.

      What took you down to GA?
      I did not know about the HOF... very cool.
      Here's the link for those interested.

      The 'rough draft' of the back nine is complete.  I started cutting on the 10th fairway today.  Lot's of work to cut and clear.
      I plan on getting out this Saturday if anyone can join in on the fun.

      later, Bill

      On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Caryn <10seven@...> wrote:

      Carlisle H.S. construction students and teacher are willing to build a 24 foot bridge for the course. As a club we need to provide a picture of what we want, the cost of materials, and transportation of the completed bridge to the park. They will help to install the bridge, by digging footers and setting it in place. We need to send a picture to the teacher by Monday, January 10. They will then provide us with an estimate for materials. We need pictures, suggestions, and a little chatter of what the group would like to see. Do we need park approval for this project?

      Sorry for the short notice, but Donna just received this offer.

      Darn, I wish we would have taken pictures of the bridges at the course (R.W. Jackson)we played at the International Disc Golf Center last week.
      Happy New Year!

    • wledgett
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2011
        D & C, I have uploaded pictures of 2 bridges at the MT Park and shots of the creek at hole 7. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for getting an estimate for us. Steve and I feel that the bridge does not need to be as substantial as the big bridge, more like the smaller bridge. Keep it simple (and low cost) is our thought.
        Thanks, Bill