RE: [CU68-08Event] Re: On This Date...

  • Thomas Wm. Hamilton
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012

      In 1977 I had a student who said his uncle worked for the FBI and he resented my calling them a pack of thieves.  In front of a lecture class of 90 cheering students yelling "go for it", I offered him an automatic A+, no need to attend further classes, take tests or do assignments if he could have his uncle to arrange for the tape's return to WKCR.  Three days later I got a drop notice with his name.

      To: CU68-08Event@yahoogroups.com
      From: obenzinger@...
      Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 05:31:15 +0000
      Subject: [CU68-08Event] Re: On This Date...

      This is so strange - but not surprising. Columbia students must have been sending secret signals to the Russians. Some people still believe the students occupying buildings in 1968 had shortwave radios receiving orders from Moscow via the CPUSA.

      Hilton