Burma

  • Alan Senauke
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      Dear Friends,

      Happy New Year!
      This is a bit off topic for these lists, so I hope you will excuse me.
      Thought it might be of interest to a number of you. In the middle of
      December, I returned from leading a small Buddhist Peace Fellowship
      witness delegation to Burma and Mae Sot on the Thai-Burma border. We
      tried to keep it low key (though it was impossible to stay under the
      Burma junta's radar), meeting with monks, teachers, students, and
      activists. It was a moving and powerful experience, not irrelevant to
      the challenge of building a nonviolent movement here in the U.S.

      If any of you would like to read my report on this journey, please email
      me off the list at <alans@...>.

      Peace,
      Alan